Why is this part of the curriculum? Tune ringing on handbells is a new facet of human kind’s ancient relationship with bells. Our organization is an even younger than tune ringing, and learning about our history binds us together as handbell musicians.
What will I learn? You’ll be introduced to the intricacies of change ringing, learn how tune ringing came about and the history of handbells in the United States, and the story of Handbell Musicians of America.
This course is available online!
- Download the class material (PDF format) HERE. Read and study it!
- Once you’ve studied:
- Login to your Member account.
- If you haven’t already, register for Handbell Musician Certification.
- Then, return to this page and begin the online course by clicking the button below.
- Complete the test at the end of the course. Make sure you download the Change Ring Activity at the end of the test, then complete it and follow the instructions for sending to the handbell history coordinator for final assessment. You will be notified of your status (pass/not pass) by email within 4 weeks.